Join the PIC Business Advisory Group
The Boston Private Industry Council (PIC) occupies a unique place in the city’s social and economic landscape. In addition to serving as Boston’s workforce development board, the PIC is also a substantial nonprofit with frontline staff members who work to make connections between students and opportunities for career exploration, education, training, and employment.
Within the business community, the PIC is best known for organizing the private sector component of the Mayor’s Summer Jobs Campaign, preparing and placing Boston public high school students in summer jobs and internships with the city’s leading corporations and institutions.
In addition to bringing high school students into their workplaces, many companies and institutions contribute financially to the PIC with annual grants of $15,000-$50,000. However, not everyone is able to make a financial contribution of the size or hire high school students, at least not in the short run.
To broaden its reach among the business community, the PIC is launching the Business Advisory Group as a new way to support the organization and its work connecting Boston public school students to jobs and internships and, in the process, diversifying our city’s workforce. Business Advisory Group members will be invited to attend bi-annual briefings on PIC activities in the context of the regional labor market.
- $2,500 minimum annual commitment from companies or individuals
- Advocate for the mission of the PIC, informing colleagues and networks of the PIC’s strategies and aspirations for integrating education and workforce development and accessing talent from the communities of Boston.
- Be part of an organization that is focused on helping Boston’s students
- Engage in strategic discussions and provide advice around important issues
- Receive valuable information and analysis about Boston’s labor market
- Be recognized as a company or individual engaged and interested in creating career opportunities for Boston’s young people
For more information, contact:
- Darren Donovan, Chair, PIC Board of Directors - [email protected]
- Bodi Luse, Development and Communications Director - [email protected] or 617-488-1322