For more than 40 years, the PIC has worked at the intersection of business and community interests to connect Boston residents to promising career pathways, while creating a diverse talent pipeline for local employers. Our work is grounded in the belief that meaningful employment changes lives, lifts people out of poverty, and strengthens the local economy.
We do this through the following programs and initiatives:
- Career centers that match job seekers with training and employment aligned with the hiring needs of local employers
- Work experience and career exploration for Boston high school students - including school-year and summer jobs, internships, job shadows and other activities
- Re-engagement for disconnected youth
- Post-secondary coaching for Boston Public Schools (BPS) graduates
- Industry sector convenings, in partnership with higher education and nonprofit training organizations
- Quality research to inform practice and public policy
As both the city’s MassHire Workforce Board and its school-to-career intermediary organization, the PIC brings together employers, educators, and workforce organizations to help guide the agenda for education and workforce preparation.